In Cuddalore Revenue District 1164 Elementary Schools, 259 Middle Schools, 184 Government and Government Aided High Schools and Higher Secondary Schools are functioning Besides these 23 Matric Schools and 41 Matriculation Higher Secondary Schools are also functioning. Hence in total 1692 Schools are functioning in Cuddalore District. As regards Cuddalore Revenue District one Chief Educational 0fficer is working in Cuddalore Taluk and District Head Quarters, and two District Education 0fficers have been working in respect of Cuddalore and Vridhachalam Division.
As regards Elementary education one District Education 0fficer is working in Cuddalore Taluk for District level and with regard to Panchayat Union 13 Assistant Elementary Educational 0fficers and 13 Additional Assistant Elementary Educational 0fficers have been working.
1. In March /April months of every academic year 10th and 12th public examinations will be conducted.
2. Special Supplementary examinations are being conducted for those who have failed in three subjects and the passed candidates among them are admitted in the same academic year.
3. Examinations will be conducted for those who have failed in more than three subjects also in the month of 0ctober.
4. Xerox copies of the answer papers will be issued to those who have applied for after remitting the requisite fee. They are allowed to apply for retotalling and revaluation
5. If the original certificate is lost a duplicate copy of the certificate will be issued based on the production of certificate issued by the concerned Taluk Tahsildars to the effect that the certificate has been lost beyond all scope of recovery along with requisite fee for getting the duplicate copy.
In the March 2003 public examinations held in Cuddalore 16,590 students appeared for Higher Secondary Examination. 0ut of these 11,115 students were passed and the percentage of pass comes to the tune of 67% similarly 25,617 students appeared for SSLC Public Examination and out of these 16,907 students got through the examinations and the percentage of pass comes to the tune of 66%.
In this District in the high schools and Higher Secondary Schools totally 1,73,260 students are learning and 4,089 teachers and working.
In this District in the Elementary and Middle Schools 2,28,641 students are learning and 5893 teachers are working.
In 2003-04 educational academic year 6 elementary schools were opened as detailed below.
1. Poondi — Annagrammam Block
2.Meenashikulam —Annagrammam Block
3.Sriramarcolony — Kattumannarkoil Block
4. M.G.R.Nagar — Parangipettai Block
5. Malaiyaperumalagaram — Cuddalore Block
17 Elementary Schools as detailed below were upgraded as Middle schools.
1. Muthukrishnapuram — Annagrammam Block
2. Panapakkam — Annagrammam Block
3. Alageiyanatham — Cuddalore Block
4. Pachaiyankuppam — Cuddalore Block
5. Reddichathiram — Cuddalore Block (Municipality)
6.Nariyapattu — Kammapuram Block
7. Nagammapettai — Kurinjipadi Block
8. Kannitamilnadu — Kurinjipadi Block
9. Paradurchavadi — Keerapalayam Block
10. Pazhiyanallur — Kumaratchi Block
11. Korakavadi — Mangalore Block
12. Rettakurichi — Mangalore Block
13. Tha.Pudaiyur — Nallur Block
14. Maylur — Nallur Block
15. Kovilayampoondi — Parangipettai Block
16. Punchamagathuvalkai — Parangipettai Block
17. Ariyakoztti — Parangipettai Block
1 Middle schpool as detailed below was upgraded as high school.
2 High schools were upgraded as higher secondary schools.
The following girls High School have been segregated from the Adi dravida Welfare Higher Secondary School.
Rs.8.6 lakhs were allotted for 86 middle schools allotting Rs.10,000 for each school in order to purchase scientific apparatus sketches chards etc., for teaching and learning as devised in the 5th stage if Black Board scheme.
In order to protect the environmental factors of the Government and Government aided private High schools and Higher Secondary Schools pertaining to this district the work relating to rain water harvest work is being done by (I) N.S.S (ii) Junior Red Cross (iii) NCC students.